Event: Security and Human Rights after Snowden
Together with the Helmholtz Research School on Security Technologies, the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the Center for Technology and Society (CTS) at the Technical University of Berlin we are organising a one-day seminar on Security and Human Rights after Snowden.
The seminar will be held on 7 November 2014 from 09:00 to 17:00 at the Auditorium on the 20th floor of the Technische Universität Berlin & Telekom Innovation Laboratories at Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7 in Berlin. We look forward to welcoming the following speakers:
- 09:10 – Aufarbeitung von Snowden (Michael Bartsch, Deutsche Telekom AG)
- 10:10 – Technische Nachbearbeitung nach Snowden (Dr. Sandro Gaycken, FU Berlin)
- 11:30 – Data exchange & information sharing: how are profiles built and what are their consequences? (Francesca Bosco, Tech and Law Centre & United Nations UNICRI Institute)
- 13:30 – International law and the NSA (Caspar Bowden, Independent privacy advocate)
- 14:30 – What can human beings and companies do to resist surveillance and get back their rights? (Dr. Gemma Galdon Clavell, University of Barcelona & Eticas Research & Consulting)
- 16:00 – From Campaigns to proposals: Reactions from the Global South after Snowden and the way forward (Renata Avila Pinto, Web We Want & Centre for Internet & Human Rights)
You can download the full program here.